Friday, July 21, 2006

The strangeness that is Comic Con

I have a unique job and sometimes it takes me to unique places to meet unique people. This week I am at Comic Con. This is the biggest comic book convention around and it takes place in San Diego each summer. This is my first Comic Con and it is quite the experience. My wife would say I am a nerd and most times I would not argue, but dear lord I am nowhere near the level of those that attend "the Con" as they call it.

Set aside the countless attendees dressed up like thier favorite characters or even characters they made up, these people are a complete subset of culture all of thier own. You can check out some of the videos that we are shooting to cover the event.

Ben...

and I've learned that a lightsaber can compliment any ensemble wheather it be a Jedi outfit or just jeans and a t-shirt, bring the lightsaber.

No comments: