Friday, June 17, 2005

I wished I were dead...

So as several people on the boat swore we were going to die, I was wishing it were so...

To begin, I get seasick on boats. That said, the boatride out from Phuket to Phi Phi was great. I took a Dramamine which I am not sure I even needed, stood outside on the boat and just rocked back and forth with the waves and was totally fine.

to contrast this... I took a Dramamine for the boatride on the way back, which I should have taken the whole box... and well, yeah, it did not go as well as the boat right there.

12 foot swells, 3+ hour boatride back to Phuket, lost feelings and control over both my hands and feet, drenched in salt water, blacking out at moments, and finally puking my guts out 80% of the way through the trip (I almost made it)

I have been seasick before, but this was something else entirely. Seriously, I wished I were dead. That would not have been so bad. I welcomed the sweet kiss of death at any moment during that trip.

all that said, Phi Phi island is seriously the most beautiful place on earth I've seen. It was amazing how and what the tsunami did to that place. I'll post more about that later.

to sum up... big waves + small boats = a bad time.

Ben...

oh and Chara got hit in the head with a bag of puke. I'll let her tell that story.

No comments: