Friday, July 15, 2005

Finding Balance

I've been reading a lot of great articles about slowing down or quitting your job altogether and working toward or within a new rhythm of life.

Its interesting stuff. Some Quotes:
We live in a world where instant gratification is not fast enough, in a world of not only speed dating, but even of speed yoga, said Mr Honoré.

Work hard and the world respects you. Work hard and you can have anything you want. Work really extra super hard and do nothing else but work and ignore your family and spend 14 hours a day at the office and make 300 grand a year that you never have time to spend, sublimate your soul to the corporate machine and enjoy a profound drinking problem and sporadic impotence and a nice 8BR mini-mansion you never spend any time in, and you and your shiny BMW 740i will get into heaven.

With all that in mind, I'm always "as busy as ever" working for a startup on the verge of making it big, and I love my job. I love doing what I do. I love working with those I work with.

So is there balance to be had? If so when?

Perhaps when I have time to find it... Or make it.

Ben...

No comments: